Aren’t these the cutest things? They’re chocolate nests, made with single ingredients that are healthy on their own, but have them in moderation as they are quite calorific when all combined! But they don’t have any of the nasty chemicals or anything.
So, recipe time!
To make these nests you will need (for 8)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mini Eggs for the top! (optional)
To make these simply
- Combine honey, peanut butter, coconut oil and salt in a pan and heat through slowly
- Stir in cocoa powder and oats
- Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are combined and it all looks chocolately
- Wait till it’s cooled down a bit! Take 1 tablespoon size of mixture and roll into a nest shape
- Push mini egg on the top
- Pop them in the fridge to cool.
They are a bit crumbly when you’re rolling them into balls but just stick with it, once they’re in the fridge they harden up.
They are so delicious, nicer than I thought they would be. I wasn’t expecting much but I had 2 on the bounce!
Let me know if you make them, they’re so easy to make and perfect for Easter.
If you’d like a FREE copy of my 50 Healthy Snack Ideas Guide simply click the picture below